Kittiwake Shipwreck & Reef Jet Ski Safari, Seven Mile Beach
Been to Stingray City already? Then this is the perfect excursion for you! Jump aboard the newest Seven Mile Beach Jet Ski Tour in Grand Cayman
and get ready for an experience of a lifetime as you jet ski your way out to the Kittiwake Shipwreck
and coral reefs of Seven Mile Beach
. On this exciting excursion in Grand Cayman you will board your jet ski on the Seven Mile Beach
and make your way out to the sunken shipwreck of the ex-USS Kittiwake Shipwreck.
The ship is 251 ft long and 44 ft on her beam. The Kittiwake was in service from 1945 to 1994. Her most memorable call of duty in recent times was the recovery of the Challenger space shuttle disaster. The Kittiwake was transferred from the US Marine Administration to the Cayman Islands Government in August 2009, and was cleaned and remediated in Virginia, to become an artificial reef. She was sunk off the coast of Seven Mile Beach in January 2011 and is possibly the 'cleanest' wreck ever to be sunk as an artificial reef.
Upon arrival, you will snorkel overhead and see the main decks and topography of the ship plus take a look down the smoke stack that opens up straight down to the bottom of the hull and the engine rooms. The Kittiwake Shipwreck
is fast becoming the artificial reef it was intended to be, enhancing the marine environment with fishery stocks and habitats for marine life. It has become home to a friendly local resident - the Cayman Grouper.
is situated in a marine park that is protected under law in Cayman. It requires an entrance fee to visit from a licensed operator, with the fees going towards the ongoing maintenance and protection of the new artificial wreck/reef as well as to the protection of our natural reefs in Cayman. The fee is included in this price. So when you book this jet ski tour
, you are also helping the environment
After exploring the Kittiwake Shipwreck
for approx 40mins, you will jet ski
your way out to a beautiful coral reef along Seven Mile Beach
where you will spend approx 25mins snorkeling
a small but lively coral reef. Here you will get the opportunity to see even more tropical marine life and explore the crystal clear waters of Seven Mile Beach
. Afterward you can chill for free at one of the coolest beach bars in Grand Cayman - Calico Jacks. Freshwater showers and restrooms are available.
Relax with a cocktail on the white sands and take in your exciting adventure! A great Jet Ski tour in Grannd Cayman
, a Shipwreck
, a reef snorkel
and Seven Mile Beach
- what more could you ask for?!
Book now to secure your space on one of the best Jet Ski Tours in Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach
! Important Notes:
- Single Jet Ski holds 1 person
- Double Jet Ski holds 2 persons
- TRANSPORT: We will provide your transport one way for this Jet Ski Tour from the Cruise Port to Seven Mile Beach. Public Buses depart from the beach every 10mins, taking guests back to the cruise port for just $5 US. Guests want to spend different amounts of time on the beach, so we respect that and don't put any time restraints on guests going on this fun-packed jet ski tour
- INCLUDES: All of your snorkel gear, life vests and transportation one way from the cruise port is provided. You will also have your own guide who will be with you throughout the duration of the tour. Safety is our #1 priority! Kittiwake marine park pass included
- Minimum age to drive a single jet ski is 16 years old
- Minimum age to drive a double jet ski is 18 years old
- Minimum age to ride on a double jet ski with an adult is 8 years old
- Max weight: per jet ski: 450lbs
- Please allow 3hrs to comfortably complete this tour and include transport. This is a small, personalized tour with a max of 5 jet skis per trip (max 10 people if doing doubles). Please let us know in advance if you have more guests in your group so we can best accommodate you.
- Must have valid credit card in drivers name to do all jet ski activities in Grand Cayman.
|Price: ||SINGLE: $115 US | DOUBLE: $150 US |
|Approx. Duration: ||2.5hrs (1.5hrs on water) |
|Max. Weight: ||450lbs |