Enjoy this fun, affordable excursion to the world’s only turtle farm, at the Grand Cayman Turtle Centre. Discover everything about turtles. This is the perfect Cruise Shore Excursion in Grand Cayman for all the family. Learn the history of how turtles were vital to the growth and development of the Cayman Islands. This tour comes with limited access to the Turtle Centre and does not include swimming with the Turtles (see notes below if you wish to upgrade). On this tour, you will get to see some of the largest Green Sea Turtles, and explore other areas such as:
- Predator Reef – Watch sharks and other predators through the underwater or dry view panels. Don’t miss out on feeding time!
- Caribbean Free Flight Aviary – Caribbean birds, including the Cayman Parrot fly freely in this large aviary.
- Breaker’s Lagoon – This is the largest swimming pool on Cayman with two waterfalls and an underwater view of the predator tank.
- Turtle Twister Waterslide – This slide at the Breaker’s Lagoon is the only one on Cayman and features two loops and over 600 gallons of rushing water per minute.
- Blue Hole Nature Trail – Stroll along this trail and view the beautiful nature that Cayman has to offer, including the national flower and even butterflies.
- Cayman Street – Walk down this gravel street to view old Cayman architecture, featuring sand gardens and conch shells
- The Green’s Breeding Pond – The Breeding Pond is home to our green sea turtles who have matured and are at the age to start reproducing; which is usually at about 16 years of age. Green Sea turtles are the largest of the sea turtles and here you will find a few weighing in at more than 500 pounds!
- Smiley’s Saltwater Lagoon – Smiley is a 9 foot saltwater crocodile trained to jump and put on a show!
- The Education Centre & Hatchery – Visit the education centre and learn more about the turtles. You can also view our turtle hatchery where during breeding season (May – October) you can witness new hatchlings making their way up through the sand of their incubation boxes!
- Schooner’s Bar and Grill – Schooner’s is an outside bar and grill where diners can relax on a covered deck overlooking Turtle Lagoon. The menu boasts a range of Caribbean and international items to tease and please every palete. Enjoy a tropical drink or ask for the island’s very own beer – Caybrew.
- Splash Gift Shop – The gift shop has something for everyone, so don’t forget to get a souvenir before you leave.
This is an easy and fun excursion that everyone visiting the Cayman Islands by cruise can enjoy. It’s also a great option if you have been to Grand Cayman before, and are looking for something different to see. If you are looking for things to do in Grand Cayman, and are visiting by cruise, or don’t have much time, then this is the perfect tour for you! The Grand Cayman Turtle Centre Tour will be easy, laid back and enjoyable.
- Kids 2 yrs and under are FREE
- Shark Feeding at 11:00am (Thursday & Fridays)
- Crocodile Feeding (Feeding schedule vary according to weather and time of year)
- Want to swim with the Turtles? upgrade to the Turtle Centre Grand Cayman & Snorkel Excursion
- Optional: FREE drop at Seven Mile Beach after your Turtle Centre Tour. If you choose to stay at Seven Mile Beach, you must make your own way back to the Cruise Port. The Taxis leave from the beach approx every 10 mins, taking guests back to the Cruise Port for just $6 per person.